CABL Program Requirements
In order to qualify for the CABL program, your activities must meet certain requirements. These are listed below.
All of the following must be included in your yearly plan:
- Addictions Prevention/Recovery. Week Awareness focus. Include in part or total: drugs, alcohol, tobacco, gaming, pornography, eating disorders education, interventions, etc.
- Instep for Life Program. Report physical activity year round on instep website (www.adventistsinstepforlife.org) and organize Let’s Move Day/Week event.
- Facebook. Create CABL Facebook page for school and maintain current report of activities (weekly or monthly). Like and tag the NAD CABL Facebook and Twitter accounts on the reports.
- Logos. Must use official CABL logo on promotions or advertising.
In addition to the required items listed above, you must also choose at least 2 of the following activities.
- CABL challenge week or weekend with a theme of choice: guest speaker, activities, student involvement
- 12-step weekly or biweekly Addiction Recovery meetings for students during the school year using Journey to Wholeness materials
- Healthy Eating: Special diets, weight loss, eating disorders
- Stress reduction
- Social activities to promote positive community
- Off campus health/wellness outreach
- Health Fair or expo: on or off campus
- Health screenings: malls, churches, schools
- Positive mental health: depression, emotional intelligence
- Vegetarian Cooking classes
- Sponsor a community/vegetable garden or farmers market on campus
- Other suggestions or programs. Must be approved by your faculty sponsor and the CABL Coordinator (Paul Lehmann)